UB-EERI Student Chapter
Welcome to the University at Buffalo Earthquake Engineering Research Institute. We are a student chapter of the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI) headquartered at the Department of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering at University at Buffalo, the State University of New York. The UB-EERI Student Chapter is recognized as a Special Interest Club by the Graduate Student Association of UB.
Becoming an EERI member
We invite every student of UB interested in Earthquake Engineering to become a member of EERI. Details on the benefits of becoming an EERI member can be found here.
UB-EERI holds a meeting at the beginning of every academic year in order to explain the benefits and procedure of enrolling as an EERI member. Applications will be distributed during this meeting that can be filled out and submitted to our officers. You can also become an EERI member at any time of the year by following these steps:
- Download and print the EERI student membership form from the following link: http://www.eeri.org/membership/Student_app.pdf
- Fill out the form by also selecting the type of membership you want.
- Write a check payable to EERI for the amount of money corresponding to the membership you selected in step 2.
- Attach the check to your form and have your form signed by your advisor. If you do not yet have an advisor the faculty advisor of UB-EERI can have it signed for you. Either contact him directly or contact one of the UB-EERI officers and we will do that for you.
- Send your form and check to the following address through regular mail:
499 14th Street Suite 320
Oakland, CA 94612-1934 USA
Please use the links above to navigate through our site. This website is a constant work in progress and is updated frequently, so check back for new information! We hope you enjoy your visit!