The deadline to sign up for DISCOUNTED first-time AERA membership is February 16, 2018.The sooner you join, the more time you will have to access the complimentary member benefits for 2017 along with membership through December 31, 2018. Information on how to sign up is below.
UB is partnering with the American Educational Research Association (AERA) to offer graduate students who have not yet joined AERA reduced dues’ rate for the 2018 membership year! Benefits of membership include:
- Receive reduced member dues of $25 (compared to $55) from whenever you join in 2017 through December 31, 2018.
- Select free membership in an AERA Division and additional Division memberships for just $5 each.
- Join Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and note that the $7 SIG administration fee is waived for these first time AERA member doctoral students.
- Receive complimentary subscriptions to Educational Researcher and one additional AERA journal of choice.
- Subscribe to additional AERA journals at the special student rate of $10.
- Take advantage of valuable networking opportunities through SIGs, Divisions, and the AERA Graduate Student community.
- Receive the AERA Graduate Student Newsletter, Connections, published three times a year.
- Attend AERA Annual Meeting with discounted AERA member graduate student rate.
How to Get Reduced Rate:
- Go to www.aera.net/cohort2018
- Create a username and password by scrolling down on the Login page and click on the button “Activate or Create My Account”
- On the next page select “Create a New Account.”
- Provide your email address and you will be directed to an online form to complete.
- You will be asked to enter the Doctorate Program Code of 2018cohort.
- Be sure to answer the question “Name of School that you attend:” and select the full name of your school University at Buffalo – SUNY or you will receive a message indicating that your school is not participating in the Doctorate Student Cohort Program.
- Please use a credit card to pay your portion of the dues. Your total cost for membership is $25.
We know that your engagement with the activities and opportunities associated with membership in AERA will benefit your doctoral and professional work.
Questions? Please contact the AERA Membership Team at 202-238-3215