GSA STATISTICS LAB DIRECTOR SEARCH CLOSED
The Statistics Lab is a new component of the Graduate Student Association (GSA) that will provide assistance with statistical data analysis to all graduate students. It is planned as a consulting service helping students with statistical aspects of their final projects (thesis, dissertation, qualifying paper etc.).
Candidates are eligible only if they have paid their student activity fee. Candidates should:
- Have experience with designing an experiment
- Know how to do statistical data analysis using Minitab, Matlab, R, SPSS, and SAS
- Know how to do data mining including supervised and unsupervised methods
- Have taken at least two advanced statistics courses
- Be organized
Experience with the following would be a plus:
- Teaching courses in statistics
- Tableau, Wolfram Mathematica
- Machine learning
The Statistics Lab Director’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Administrating the GSA Statistics Lab
- Holding a minimum of 10 office hours per week + appointment hours
- Assisting eligible graduate students in statistical research (data collection, analysis, evaluation, interpretation), experiment design, statistical analysis software
- Submitting service reports at the request of the GSA Senate and/or the GSA E-board
- Other duties as assigned by the GSA E-board
Any materials created as the Statistics Lab Director are property of the Graduate Student Association. Any GSA software or hardware requiring a password must be provided to the Graduate Student Association Executive Committee on modification or by request.
To apply, please, attach to an email in PDF the following:
- Cover letter describing your background, availability, and interest
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5th. Qualified candidates will be invited to interview in the middle of January. This is a 6-month appointment (1 February – 31 July 2017) with a stipend of $5,500.