iCog seeks to facilitate collaboration across constituent disciplines and to raise the profile of cognitive science.
The project of cognitive science is to answer such questions as:
- What is the structure of the mind? Which parts of the mind are innate and which are learned?
- How do we come to perceive the world? What is consciousness, and how is it produced?
- What aspects of cognition are uniquely human, and which do we share with other animals?
- How are concepts formed? How do we acquire language? Does language structure thought, and if so, how?
- What capacities are involved in various kinds of decision-making and executive function?
- What is moral cognition and how does it work?
Obviously several of these questions are relevant to philosophy. Perhaps collaboration will benefit both fields?