The GSA Statistics Lab offers fee-paying Graduate Students assistance with the technical aspects of projects and assignments, including theses, dissertations, and qualifying papers. The lab is located in 310 Student Union; office hours are Tuesday 11:00am – 1:00pm and Wednesday 2:00pm – 4:00pm. For an initial consultation, please stop by office hours or schedule an appointment by contacting Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistance includes (but is not limited to):
- Technical aspects/principles of theory development and hypothesis testing
- Experimental design
- Statistical methods, including linear/non-linear regression
- Experimental methods and testing
- Data mining/text analysis
- Including Matlab, R, SPSS, SAS, Python, Stata, Java
The focus of this lab is to strengthen quantitative skills so that the student can independently interpret and draw conclusions from their analysis. Students can ask questions on principles of research design, statistical concepts and procedures and analytical software.
- Students should come with specific questions on their research design, method(s), or software.
- The lab consultant cannot interpret the results of an analysis, draw conclusions, or otherwise make judgment calls on data/research methods.
- Consultations may require multiple sittings. The amount of time needed for assistance varies by student and project; allow the lab ample time to address issues.
- The lab consultant will provide guidance on the methods the student decides to implement, but the student should assume that the consultant may not know the specific needs of the discipline, either methodologically or substantively.
- This service should not be used as a substitute for thesis/ dissertation/project guidance. Students are responsible for seeking assistance from their advisors.
- The lab consultant is not responsible for the final outcome/grade of the project. Students are responsible for following up with advisors to ensure that the project meets department expectations.
Check our calendar for availability